From 1947 to 1956, the former boat house was used by the GDR as a radio station. It was the seat of the former television entertainment in the GDR.
The building was designed by architect Otto Zbrzezny from 1929-1930.
In March 2008 has been purchased by an hamburger asset management company.
Since April 2012 the former broadcasting house is an open area for arts, culture, experimental technique, low-tech, sports and leisure activities.
More infos on WIKI.
In collaboration with Berlin Explorer (http://www.berlino-explorer.com)
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "