The history of this building is related to the production of cigarettes in Berlin. The builing is from 1906 from the jew family of Jacob Garbaty.
The complex is together with the Jüdisches Waisenhaus (Orphanage) and a villa (the architect is Fritz Höger, which was also part of the Nazi party).
The factory building survives to the Second war and the production was restarted just after the war.
In 2011 has been renewed.
The orphanage was helping jews children survived to the pogroms and the closed by the nazis in 1940.
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "