It was an old Prussian cadet training school, then in 1933 it became the headquarters of Hitler's body guard regiment, the Leibstandarte-SS "Adolf Hitler."
The buildings have been demaged during the WWII and the rest (a small wing) is part of the German government archives.
"The Soviets removed the eagle and swastika before the Americans arrived, and the U.S. troops removed the Leibstandarte name. One or the other covered the stone gate sentinels in concrete." (Wenn alle Brüder schweigen, 1981 ed.)
More infos: WIKI
More photos: Third Reich in ruins
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "