Tha ballroom was built in Pankow in 1880 on behalf of the innkeeper August Lehder. In the first phase there were guest rooms, a small hall and a few residential areas. At that time, the ballroom was still on the outskirts of the rapidly growing city, but business was good so Lehder decides to include around the still existing approximately a 10-meter ballroom In particular, this spectacular hall with magnificent ceiling paintings, stucco and wood flooring made its destination restaurant, soon to sight. The last restaurant operation was closed in 1933.
Between 1945 and 1989 the ballroom was used as a production location (iIn the immediate postwar helmets were reforged to cooking pots).
In 1989 the building was about to collapse so it was declared a National Monument in 1993 and in 1995 it was completely restored with great effort.
More infos: WIKI (german)
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "