The construction of the brewery was made from 1860 to 1905 by the beer wholesalers Emil Willner, who had acquired the existing former wheelhouse. Besides the construction of the brewery was on the premises for their captive with a malt barley and wheat built. After the WWII, the brewery was assigned to the beverages Getränkekombinat Berlin and get the production running until 1991, but the malthaus factory was not continued after the war.
The buildings were used as an office and staff facilities, repair shops, boiler room, garage and transformer station. The steam and heat supply of the operation was performed with a double-flue boiler from the 1930s. As energy sources were used coal briquettes. At the former Customs House there was a restaurant operating until 1993 on the side of the Berliner Stasse.
After been empty for a long time, it's now used as cultural space for art, events and catering.
More infos: WBB (german)
In collaboration with Berlino Explorer (http://www.berlino-explorer.com)
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "