The hospital area in Berlin-Buch is a collection of several hospitals and houses in the Berlin district of Berlin-Buch, that flourished there from 1898 to 1930 under the direction of Berlin architect and city building advice Ludwig Hoffmann. The complex includes two Lungs healing centers, a nursing home and two psychiatric hospitals. Hoffmann built here also several other buildings, such as a center for lighting, heating and water supply to the hospitals, several apartment buildings, office buildings and a hospital cemetery. The last project was the construction of a housing development for the hospital staff.
Through the "Euthanasie" program of the Nazis in the Third Reich, the so-called Aktion T4, the occupants of the facility were systematically killed, the plant was used as a hospital that is no more and abandoned.
During the communist era, the place served as pulmonology clinic and ended only in 1976, the hospitalization of tuberculosis patients. This was followed by the transformation of the area into a "clinic for lung, heart and vascular diseases".