The station Heidelberger Platz is a Berlin S-and U-Bahn station in the Wilmersdorf district. The train station was opened in 1883 while the U-Bahn was opened on 12th October 1913.
The U-bahn station Heidelberger Platz designed by the architect William Leitgebel, a station that resembles a cathedral. The middle platform ends on both sides with lobbies, which are followed by the exits. The ceiling of the platform was created as a cross vault, which was made possible only by the special low position. All panels are made of stone and partly of tiles.
During the Cold War was closed and the reopened in 1993.
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "