The Genezarethkirche in Schillerkiez in Neukölln was built by Franz Schwechten in neo-Gothic style in 1905. In WWII bombs aimed at heavy damage but in 1955 started the reconstruction and on 1959 the church was reconsecrated.
In nearby Berlin, industrialization led to an increase in population by migrant jobseekers. As a result of the constant population growth, urban land was scarce for residential building, so the interest was on the communities just outside Berlin, which also belonged Rixdorf and whit it the desire for an another sermon site. The Church Building Association presented a sum of 20,000 marks available, together with other 100.000. The Herrfurthplatz and adjacent streets were established in its current form. In subsequent years, apartment buildings companies start to develop the area.
More info: WIKI (german)Map: http://goo.gl/maps/VIIJq
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "