Since 1862 here were conducted Army hunting races and the track was also used for this purpose as an alternative parcours for in Charlottenburg existing obstacle course. Thus the first public horse races took place in Karl Horst in 1884.
In 1945 the facility was rebuilt and enlarged by order of the Soviet city commander Colonel-General Berzarin for trotting in an area approximately twice. In the ensuing years, this was the only racetrack in East Germany and was operated by the state-owned enterprise trotting racecourse and trotting (while in West Berlin it was in Mariendorf).
Due to the economic decline of horse racing after the turn of the millennium, the TVM withdrew.
More infos: WIKI (german)
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "