Lehnin is located in the west of Brandenburg, 20 kilometers southeast of the city of Brandenburg an der Havel and about 30 kilometers south-west of Potsdam. The village Lehnin as the core of today's large community sees has its founding date to the year 1180.
The Authority coordinated the interests of the war economy with those of the Wehrmacht and SS, and distributed from here concentration camp prisoners and forced laborers on the chemical industry.
The pin is a diaconal institution of the Evangelical church, the monastery grounds referred in 1911 and in the old monastery walls and various new buildings has built a widespread, today best helping and healing facility.
On 23 April 1945, Soviet troops occupied also Lehnin in connection with the Battle of Berlin.
More infos: WIKI (german)