Hidden between the trees on Bismarck strasse, there a small architecture jewel, the Bosch building.
Robert Bosch decided to build it during the First World War and set up a small apartment. Today it is the Berlin branch of Robert Bosch GmbH, an office of the Robert Bosch Foundation.
The building is from 1916/17 by Richard Bielenberg and Josef Moser and today is on the Monuments list (Baudenkmal).
Five-story masonry veneered with limestone slabs. Powerful hip roof, gable triangle for Bismarck strasse, rows of windows grouped band-like and vertically divided by pilasters, historicist decorative figures. At the intersection of two street-side facades retracted corner, in front of a convex lower stem. In 1950 remodeling of the shop window. In 2000 extensive modifications, so that the inside is really modern, but the outside is still original.
More infos: http://www.bosch-stiftung.de
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "