This nice palace, inside the the Tierpark, has been originally built in 1695.
In 1945 it was looted by Soviet troops and refugees fell into the the Castle.
In 1954, when the decision to plant their own animal parks for East Berlin was taken to the castle for some years served as the seat of the organizers for the reconstruction of the garden, parts of the building were used as stables of the animal park.
A backup and reconstruction was possible only through the zoo so the castle to its former glory shines again since 1981.
More infos: WIKI (german)
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "