This is the other frontline of the Cold War. If on the other side the Russian were in places like Surrender Museum - German-Russian Museum (Karlshorst) and the KGB Residency, the Americans were mostly in Dahlem and the surroundings areas till Teufelsberg - The Devil's hill (Grunewald).
This buildings, now under renovations to become appartments (like the military structures in East), were home of the Mc Nair-Kaserne, hosting 3000 US-american soldiers.
But before the WWII, these buildings were part of the Telefunken. Built in 1937/40 by architect Hans Hertlein, from 1938 to 1945 there serve as development and production, but also corporate office and main factory. The main building is marked out by its Clock Tower.
More infos: WIKI (german)
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "