During the last Christmas period, we've been invited by the designer of Elicamente to have a look inside the former department store Jandorf, open for an exclusive market.
Built in 1904, the department store survived the WWII largely unscathed and in DDR time it was used as "Haus der Mode" (House of Fashion) with the addition of lifts for the production of clothing but also for demonstrations and exhibitions.
After the Reunification it has been largely left unused and empty and used occasionally for events.
Looking at this photos, we can say that after more then 100 years the building is back to its original purpose with a huge market inside it.
More infos: WIKI (german)
All images are under CC Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works), please refer to " darioj laganà | www.norte.it "